Looking to make or save some money? The links below should help get you started. As always, if there’s a page you think our users could benefit from, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- InvestorWords – Don’t have a clue about all this investing jargon? Don’t worry… you’re not alone. This site will help even the playing field a little, by providing concise definitions for over 4,500 investing terms.
- Real Estate Dictionary – This page provides definitions of words commonly used in reference to real estate. Amaze your friends by using the word “Administratrix” in a sentence.
- The Web’s Legal Dictionary – Now this is one useful site! Never be confused by those legal weasels again.
- Road To Financial Success – This site leads you to local representatives that have years of financial services experience. They offer a vast array of products to design an investment program for you — Your own personal roadmap!
Stock Market/Investment Firms
- NYSE – New York Stock Exchange
- NASDAQ – Nasdaq.com is one of the most popular financial sites on the Web. Averaging more than seven million page views per day, nasdaq.com offers unprecedented visibility to listed companies.
- AMEX – American Stock Exchange – Welcome to Amex.com, a comprehensive resource for investors and issuers seeking the unique market environment offered at the American Stock Exchange.
- CNNfn – The Financial Network – This site, a service of CNN, offers quotes on any stock, delayed by 15 minutes, links to relevant company web sites, and expert advice on how to manage your investments.
- Microsoft Investor – Microsoft also offers their own service, similar to that of CNN.
- E*Trade – Where you can invest online at the click of a mouse.
- Ameritrade – More online investing from Ameritrade.
- Scottrade – Discount online investing.
- JMS Online – Janney Montgomery Scott LLC is the largest Philadelphia-based regional full-service brokerage firm. JMS is a subsidiary of the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, with assets under management of more than $10.5 billion.
- New York Life – New York Life’s web site recommended by a QCOL user.
- Mellon Bank – Mellon Bank Online Banking
- National City – National City Online Banking
- PNC Bank – PNC Bank Online Banking
- Somerset Trust Company – A community bank uniting traditional personalized service with the economies of technology, especially to provide customers with more convenient and lower cost banking services.
- PSECU – Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union site.
- First United Bank – Provides a wide range of financial products, including trust, insurance and investment services. Headquartered in Oakland, Maryland, and serving residents of Western Maryland, West Virginia and surrounding areas of Pennsylvania.
- First National Bank – Formerly Promistar, Laurel Bank and Fayette Bank. Online banking available.
- Clear Mountain Bank – Online banking for the independent community bank, Bruceton Bank, headquartered in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia. (Formerly Bruceton Bank.)
- Visa International – Has online info about where you can apply and what to do if you lose your card.
- MasterCard International – Now you can “master the possibilities” online.
- NOVUS Services, Inc – This is the company that issues Discover, Private Issue, and Bravo cards.
- American Express – Issuers of… you guessed it… American Express cards