QCOL is a regional Internet Service Provider serving portions of Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia. QCOL was started in 1998 offering dial-up internet service in 4 rural counties (Quad County OnLine) in the tri-state area. Over the years QCOL has grown and expanded well beyond the original service area and beyond the original service offerings.
- QCOL was the first to provide local dial-up internet to much of the original QCOL service areas.
- QCOL was the first to provide cable modem service to customers in Somerset County PA & Garrett County MD.
- QCOL was the first to offer DSL service in the Deep Creek Lake McHenry MD area.
- QCOL deployed some of the first wireless internet equipment in the region.
- QCOL was one of the first in the United States to deploy residential Fiber To The Home services.
- QCOL was an early adopter, developer and implementer of Voice Over IP (VoIP) technologies.
- QCOL played a key role in developing one of the first municipal fiber optic SCADA control networks.
- QCOL established and maintains one of the first independent 10GB ethernet networks in the United States.
- QCOL established the first high speed Virtual Metro Area Network (VMAN) securley connecting regional brach offices together.
- QCOL completed converting from delivering analog TV to digital TV over a year before required by the FCC.
QCOL endeavers to provide state of the art technologies to areas and customers which larger service providers typically ignore. QCOL is delivering urban/metro type services to very rural communities.
QCOL is owned by 3 local families who are growing and living in the QCOL service area and are committed to enhancing the quality of life for everyone in the region. QCOL has helped bring the big city closer to the country while preserving the core benefits of rural America living. QCOL is 100% privately funded and has received no grant funding or government assistance. QCOL continually expands the network as time and money permits. QCOL staff are active volunteering with the local communities, schools and organizations where they work and reside.
If you are a current customer, we really appreciate you choosing QCOL!
If you are not a current QCOL customer and are wihin our service area, we would be honored to be able to prove ourselves and our service. QCOL does not have gimmicks or contracts. If you are not happy with our prices or service, you can cancel at any time.
PO Box 7
213 Main St.
Markleysburg, PA 15459